The Family Law Section of the San Diego County Bar Association features CFLG San Diego members Hildy L. Fentin, CFLS; Myra C. Fleischer, CFLS; Justin A. Reckers, CFP, CDFA; and Constance R. Ahrons, Ph.D. in a seminar on Collaborative Divorce on October 3 at 12 noon at the SDCBA Conference Center.
The goal of Collaborative Divorce is to transform the resolution of family law issues through processes that protect the emotional and financial integrity and health of all the people involved without having to resort to court litigation.
The presenters will introduce attendees to the Collaborative Divorce process, including the:
- Definition of a Collaborative case
- Core goals of the Collaborative model
- Make-Up of the Collaborative team
Common misunderstandings of the process and how to begin to practice Collaborative Divorce will also be addressed.
Core elements of contractual and personal commitments in Collaborative Divorce are:
- Negotiating a mutually acceptable settlement without having courts decide issues
- Maintaining open communication and information sharing
- Creating shared solutions acknowledging the highest priorities of all
Note: The program is intended for attorneys and law students, and is not open to the general public.
See the calendar of events page on the SDCBA website here for more information.